Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So this is a blog...

So this is a blog, huh?  I have to admit to being quite unfamiliar with the medium.  Sure, I have some funny friends who blog.  And sure I read them and chuckle a good bit.  But, did I ever think I'd contribute to this cult phenomenon?  Nope. 

So why now? 

Well, first of all, I've pretty much exhausted the facebook status update as an art form.  Second, I've got some extra time on my hands.  True, I have kids and a job that requires my attention - but, not that much attention.  I equate my job with fifth grade math - slightly harder than long division but not quite as challenging as multiplying fractions.   And my kids can finally dress themselves and [usually] wipe themselves. So, why not blog a little in between assignments and soccer practice?

So what will you get?

Truthfully, I'm not so sure.  But, I can tell you what you WON'T get.  Here is a list of the top things that I promise never to blog about:

1.  Breast feeding - Come on, ladies.  Enough on the topic already.  Just do it or don't.  Besides, if I hope to capture any male audience I must maintain the illusion that boobs are for their enjoyment only.

2.  Cute things my kids say and/or do - True they are cute, but no one except my mom really cares.  What I will do is fully exploit (for your enjoyment) the insane, bizarre and borderline demented things that they say and/or do.  But, only in small doses.  There is a whole world out there.

3.  How much I love my husband - Also true. Also a total snooze fest.

4.  Organic vegetables and pesticides - This topic has been well covered by others and no one really wants to admit that raspberries will give you dementia.

5.  Cooking tips of any kind - Though I will discuss the many ways in which I burn or otherwise destroy my well-intentioned meals.

6.  Breast feeding - Did I already say this?  Let me just say it again... I will NOT discuss lactation, nipple sores, leakage, latches, schedules, holds or pumps. Never. Ever.

So, stay tuned, my friends.  As soon as I find something interesting to say, I'll probably say it. 

- Mimi (your gal on the verge of sanity)